Thursday, April 28, 2011

Water. The magical cure?

Recently I've been totally breaking out with acne(gross, I know). This really sucks and is a new thing for me since I never really got acne as a teenager. I mean I got small breakouts, and pimples here and there but nothing a little extra cover up wouldn't fix. So after obsessively washing my face, and trying different products I decided to try proactiv. I know, usually you can't trust infomercials too much, but after years of seeing all the advertisement and "success stories" parade their disgustingly perfect complexions around, lured me in like a kid to a creepy guy with candy. I got my proactive a week and a half ago, and so far using it diligently has done... NOTHING!! I think I even got a couple more! I read a bunch of reviews yesterday and some people swear it works right away, some people say it takes 3 weeks to clear your skin, and some people say 3 months. Soo basically I'm giving it til the end of my free 30 day trial period because I am way to cheap to have to pay for some crap that doesn't even work! Especially when it gave me such high hopes for having skin like my 7 yr old niece. After much other research, the main(natural) thing people have said to help acne is drinking a lot of water so it flushes out the toxins causing the acne. Well, that seemed easy enough so I've decided to try it. The typical adult is already supposed to driink 3 Liters of water a day(which I don't do) This is 4 bottles of the typical size 750ml aluminum water bottle(which is what I have). To clear skin, they say 8, 8oz. glasses of water a day clear skin, so if I just drink the recommended amount of water, maybe a little more, that should be enough right? Let's hope so. Here's to hoping my TWTBWBISA (This Water Theory Better Work Because I'm Sick of Acne) Experiment works! DAY 1 (so far): I have had to pee. A lot. CHEERS!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. If you start the water experiment before your 30-day Proactiv test is over, how will you know which experiment worked? Oh, well, I guess as long as the acne is gone--that is the important thing. Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started breaking out too! I wonder what's going on. Unfortunately it's all too familiar for me. Good luck with the water. I need to drink more water any way so maybe I'll give it a try too!

    ReplyDelete