Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like summer!

So FINALLY this crazy weather subsided and we have been having some gorgeous weather! And what better way to enjoy it than a bike ride?!

Nate and I rode to the trail along the river, and decided to see how far it went. It wasn't all smooth sailing. We had to stop along the way due to Nate's handlebars coming loose, but he improvised like the handy man that he is! (I totally forgot my camera, so all I have are these pictures from my phone. Not the best quality :-/ Oh well.)

We rode for about 8 miles then stopped to enjoy nature and a snack.





Our apple was kinda mushy and gross, so we let this worm feast his heart out.


Unfortunately we got off to a late start, so we were running out of sun, and had to turn back. Here's Nate ready to go!



We even happened upon a hobo yard sale! Foam mattress anyone?



We had such a fun bike ride! It has been about 5 1/2 months since we got rid of our cars, and went completely on bikes and foot, and I have to say, sometimes I forget how much more relaxing it is to ride a bike compared to driving a car. I'm so lucky!


And here's one more just 'cause he's so cute:)


No comments:

Post a Comment